Send a fax from memory
You can scan a black-and-white fax into memory and then send the fax from memory.
This feature is useful if the fax number you are trying to reach is busy or temporarily
unavailable. The printer scans the originals into memory and sends them once it is able
to connect to the receiving fax machine. After the printer scans the pages into memory,
you can immediately remove the originals from the document feeder tray or scanner
NOTE: You can only send a black-and-white fax from memory.
To send a fax from memory
1. Load your originals.
For additional information, see Load an original on the scanner glass or Load an
original in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
2. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, press the button to the right of
3. Press the (Setup) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and
select Scan and Fax.
4. Scroll to and select Send Fax.
5. Enter the fax number by using the keypad, or press the button to the right of Quick
Contacts to select a number from the phone book or a previously dialed or
6. Press the button to the right of Start Fax Black.
The printer scans the originals into memory and sends the fax when the receiving
fax machine is available.